Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Robin is 28 (and referring to herself in the 3rd person)


I had a great birthday. Sunday we celebrated Father's Day, Trent's, amd my birthday all in one with Trent's family. I made a frostless german cake (the coconut and pecans were baked into the bottom and the cake was flipped) for the first time and thought it came out pretty well. I got lots of good stuff, including a certificate for a massage that I can't wait to redeem.

Then yesterday I got some birthday calls (Gina you were first) and Trent gave me some of the presents that I wanted from etsy including earrings, my mason jar pin cushion, and some nesting dolls. Yes!


earrings from emily and trentMy big sister Sarah came with her boys and I got to leave the house alone! I had lunch with Mel, Kathi, Abbie and Sophie. It was so nice. Then I wandered Target looking at all their stuff without anyone bugging me. I wanted to use my gift certificate from Troy and Jen, but didn't find great stuff, so I decided to hang on to it. The mommy time from Sarah was such an awesome gift!
After we put the two littlest monkeys in bed Trent's parents came over so we could have a date. It was nice to have dinner alone together after he had been gone all last week.

Thanks everyone for making it a great birthday!

5 comments:

stephanie said...

sorry i missed the lunch. i would have much rather been there with you than en route from utah.

you look so beautiful, robin. i hope you had a nice day!

Klin said...

Yay you got some jewelry and had some fun time. I'm a little jealous about that there massage. I think I need one.

Kathi said...

What cute girls...love that pic! Glad you got to go out Monday night, I really want to go out tonight with my hubby, not going to happen on a Wednesday night with YMs.

Lisa said...

Happy Be-lated Robin!!! Glad to hear you go things you wanted, and needed!!

Gina said...

Yay for a great birthday! So glad I was first! You are so hot!