Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Tucker is five!



So Tucker's birthday was on Monday, but I had to scan some pictures to get his montage done, so it took a little more time. This one is not quite as long as Henry's. The first song on it is one that I listened to a lot in the car on the way to work at The Brick Oven while I was pregnant with Tucker and always made me think of my new baby arriving.

Tucker,
I love you so much. I am so grateful that you came to our family and made me a mother! There is something so special about a first child and all the undivided time you get to spend together. You have always been a very special boy. You have always shown great intelligence and capacity for learning. You soak everything up. You have always spoken well, you are meticulous about pronunciation and even still repeat things quietly to yourself as if making sure everything is coming out just how you want it to. Some funny things you still say include "heart beep" instead of heart beat and "car on accident" instead of car accident. They make sense.
You are learning to read and write which is so fun and awesome to watch. You are a wonderful brother and a loving, concerned son. You always want Mommy to be happy. You make me smile with your keen observations and your clever deductions. I love watching your mind at work. You love clothes and pajamas and always like your hair to look "cute". You don't let me spike it anymore, but like to wear it "down". Tucker, my heart aches at the thought of long hours away from you as you start kindergarten in less than 2 weeks. You are my little buddy and I hope that I can always learn from you and be someone you can depend on and look to for help, guidance, caring and love. You are more than I could ever deserve, thank you for all that you are.
Love,
Mom

1 comment:

Chellie said...

I loved the pictures and slideshow! You did a great job. Tucker is such a sweet boy. Love those eyes!

P.S. I posted our girls night out over on my blog!:)