Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Weddings, Babies

So, I let my doctor strip my membranes yesterday. I know I shouldn't have with Ted and Lauren's wedding tomorrow and all, but being as uncomfortable as I am and having my feet swollen like balloons I couldn't resist the thought of anything that might help get this baby out sooner. So last night as Trent is doing tons of laundry for me and I am climbing into bed, the contractions start. I think, uh-oh, am I really ready for this? The contractions were very sporadic all through the night and really started to taper off after 3:30 AM, so I guess I am not quite ready yet. Not to mention that Trent does not think that the house is clean enough for me to have a baby yet. I should also probably get groceries and finish packing my hospital bag today, just for when the baby does come. Food in the house is always a good idea, I just haven't been able to bring myself to go to the store for over a week. Yuck.
At least I got in the attic yesterday to find the other part for the bassinet and got that all set up by my bed.

8 comments:

Kaylani said...

good luck! I can't wait to hear the great news! ready or not, here she comes...and I don't think she really cares about YOUR agenda.

Nancy Face said...

I hope all goes well for you, and that your labor will be safe and not take very long! (((HUGS!)))

Anonymous said...

2-4-6-8

You're about to dilate!!!

GO ROBIN GO!

I hope everything goes just swimmingly for you.

Bonnie
theskinnyonmatilda.blogspot.com

Busy Bee Lauren said...

I hope everything goes well! I will be thinking about you!

Caroline C. Bingham said...

{{Sending you good labor vibes}}

Hope it's short and sweet!

Megan said...

The end really is so hard! Just remember that it WILL end! Hang in there.

Chellie said...

Everything will be awesome.. and there are cool people in your ward to help bring over food :) Keep me updated so I can help out.

Tori :) said...

I remember not wanting to do anything for the last 2 weeks of my pregnancy with Liv. I told Sei, "I'm just gonna lay here on the couch until I have her..."

I pray your labor is quick and easy. ;)