Monday, March 24, 2008

The end of the week





Thursday started off with Trent, Blake and Brandon going on the snowmobiles (snow-machines to you Idaho folk). Trent loved it! Then Trent pulled Tucker and Grandma S. on a sled behind the four wheeler. Tucker and Grandma built a snowman together. Tucker chose the icicle nose. He was fascinated with icicles. Then Trent's sister Stacey and her family came up to go sledding with us behind the cabin. fun was had by all, except Henry who still hated it, or was just mad that his nap schedule was so messed up.

Then later, when Henry, Tucker and Ashlyn were all sleeping Emily stayed at the cabin so we could go on the snow-machines, just us couples. It was really fun, but much too short for my liking. Am I such a bum. I felt so whiney, but seriously the whole week was fun, fun, fun, and more fun for Trent. I knew how it was going to be before we went, but still felt so gypped that the most fun outing I had was a 20 minute snowmobile ride. I did have fun, but the kind of fun where I got to see my sister and be in a cool new place, all while taking care of 3 kids the whole time. You know?

Anyway Friday morning came and we were packing up, washing sheets, and getting ready to leave for hours. Then we met our friends Gina, Ian, and Liam at the Chuck E. Cheese. Michelle got to meet us there with her boys too, so it was great to get to see her a little more. Then we headed or to Gina's for a little more time together. Liam is just 2 months older than Charlotte. Here they are giving me their best pouty faces. I got to see our old house too before we left. It was hard leaving my sister and good friends. I realized how much I really miss them.

Here are the kids on the way to the airport to go home.

8 comments:

Emily said...

That bottom picture made me chuckle outloud.

Gina said...

It was so great to spend time with you on Friday. We miss you guys so much... a heavier heart once we are reminded once again of how much fun it is to be with you all.

Klin said...

Charlotte wins on the pout. So cute.

I'm betting you could of got a tour of your old house. They haven't done a lot of changes, just lighting in the living room and window treatments.

We miss you down here.

Nancy Face said...

I REALLY enjoyed the snow pictures! I always wish it would snow here! :)

Melanie M. McKinnon said...

i love the pics of you and emily holding your babies in the snow.

Unknown said...

That first picture is so great. Frame-worthy for their family.

And I think its hilarious how much Charlotte & Tucker look alike when they sleep in the car.

diana said...

thanks for stopping by my blog. your family is growing up so quickly!

Busy Bee Lauren said...

cute pictures!! I am glad you had fun. I want to babysit again, soon!