Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Eve


This year was Christmas Eve with the P* family. They always treat us to a mexican meal Christmas Eve followed closely by pie. All the cousins run around happily together, the women chat, and the boys talk about manly things. Then we have a little program. In light of me trying to develop my "talents" I offered to sing this year. So the program started out with my solo of "Still, still, still". Although it was just my family, my nerves took hold. I managed to get through the song with a pounding heart and a little lip twitching and virtually no eye contact. I hate my stage fright. But that's what I'm trying to get over, so I don't think I'll never do it again.

Then Grandma read "I Believe in Santa Claus" to all the children, it is a lovely book that compares Santa to Jesus Christ. Then the kids dressed up and made a human nativity while Uncle Dave read the story of Jesus' birth from the scriptures. Paisley laid calmly drinking her sippy as a pretty baby Jesus, truly a Christmas miracle, since she had not held still all night. It was wonderful. Then we exchanged gifts and made our way home to tuck in the tired and excited little munchkins.

No comments: