Sunday, December 13, 2009

Funk

I never like it when people say they are in a funk. It seems so ambiguous. But honestly, maybe that is the best way to describe the depressive few days I seem to cycle around to every few weeks. I didn't get dressed for 3 or 4 days in a row last week. I had no desire to do anything. Then I feel worse when things aren't getting done. So that's always fun.

My sister Emily came down with her 2 super silly and darling kids for a few days around Thanksgiving. Her husband came down a couple days after them. It was really fun. I had a wonderful holiday with my family. But I really hated watching them leave. I kept thinking how much fun we could have if I got to see them every few days instead of a couple of times a year. Jonah and Elora are really close to Henry and Paisley and I wish they could grow up together.

I hate working so hard to exercise so much, but knowing that I am not dieting enough to reach my goals and still not wanting to put down the food. Why is food such a crutch for me?

Anyway I will get some pictures up here soon. I'm out of my latest funk. sort of.

8 comments:

Megan said...

I could have written this post!! The only difference is that I am the sister that lives far away!!

Hang in there & I have thrown watching what I eat out the window until 2010.. isn't that what resolutions are for?

Busy Bee Lauren said...

I am in a funk too. Let's go to lunch.

Shan said...

Living in Star Valley puts me in a funk quite a bit. I start missing my friends like crazy too. Hang in there.

Klin said...

Funk is a good word for it. I would like to stay in bed for a couple of days, but I can't call in sick. There isn't anyone that can do my job. That's probably a good thing.

Go wish Jensen Smith a Happy 19th Birthday. That's cheer you up.

Emily said...

I've been thinking about you the past few days. I'm sorry I didn't call. I will.

Elizabeth said...

Hi Robin,
I found your blog a while ago and I love ready about your family and your couches!
Hang in there with the funk feeling... I think all Mum's go through it... It's the tirdness combined with hormones I think. I have no advice about the food but I share your frustration with the funk!
Take Care
E

Emily said...

When we were pulling out of the driveway to go to the airport I said to Brandon, "Oh, Robin looks so sad." It kinda broke my heart. I wish my kids could grow up down the street from your kids too. Maybe we should all move to Oregon;) I know this is mean, but I'm sort of glad that somebody misses me out there. I always think I miss all of you and none of you miss me:(

Tori said...

I soooo hear ya. And what do I do to help myself feel better about being fat? I eat. A lot.