Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Downsizing

It's a funny realization to think that when Henry was as old as Paisley, she was already born. And When Charlotte was as old as Paisley I was over halfway through my pregnancy with Henry. In other words, it is a refreshing change of pace to have a 16 month old (almost) without having been pregnant again yet. And it is such a fun age to watch her. She is silly and fun. She is finally saying a few words (ball, mine, mom. . ) and trying to repeat us. She is such a climber and loves to play out back with the other kids. Even bouncing on the trampoline with them. She gives kisses and has so many teeth now. We are enjoying her two naps a day for now, I think she is starting to phase down to one.

I don't know if we'll have any more babies. For the time being I am so satisfied not worrying about it and not thinking about getting pregnant any time soon. I am really content with our little litter and am happy to slow down and enjoy them. I am enjoying getting my physical body back into shape and spending some time on my own little hobbies.

Speaking of changing my body, it has been a slow road. I was not excited to start dieting and exercising, it had been a long time since I had done any of that. I saw the numbers on the scale and I knew my clothes were larger and larger, but I didn't see a fat me in the mirror, I just saw Robin. I kept telling myself it was baby weight and that it would come off. But the numbers weren't changing and then I saw some pictures of myself that made me so sad. I was fat. I needed to do something.
I know it's not a great picture, but you can see that I'm quite large.

In May I started by doing workout videos at home a couple times a week. After a couple months of that I added in jogging after the kids laid down about 2-4 times a week. Then I did 2 bootcamps (four weeks each 5 days a week) and now I have joined Fitness Works and do classes there 3-5 times a week. I have lost a total of 28 pounds and who knows how many inches. I feel much more comfortable in my skin, more confident around others, healthier and happier. If I lose 10 more pounds I will reach the goal weight I wanted. But for now, I am pretty happy at the progress I've made!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

I was just thinking yesterday about how if Paisley were Henry, you'd have another baby now (I know that made sense to you).

I have no plans for the rest of the week. OK fine, I have no plans for the rest of the month. Come over any time.

Busy Bee Lauren said...

You look fab! Seriously, I am so proud of you.

Melanie M. McKinnon said...

i think you look great-tastic. you are my inspiration. :)

skinners said...

what i'm impressed with the most is your determination and ability to stick with it. you look great, but my favorite part is that you feel more confidant and happier. good for you!

Gina said...

You are hot no matter what! I am really impressed with all the work you've done to lose some pounds. I wish I could do it.

Emily said...

You are an incredibly dedicated, hardworker. I am so proud! You are gorgeous and everyone who comes to my house oohs and ahhs over the picture of your family.

Klin said...

Hooray for you feeling good in your own skin!!! That is a good feeling.

You look great. How do your kids grow so fast. Last time I saw you was when you were in the last stages of your pregnancy with Paisley. Now she's talking.

Wow! Time flies. You guys make cure kids and have a great family.

stephanie said...

you look great, robin! and you have a perfect family. my mom always tells me that 4 is the new 6. :)

Tori :) said...

You look amazing girl!!!

Unknown said...

Robin, you are beautiful. I love you and your kidlets so much...u sure make good ones :)

KatieJ said...

28 lbs! That is awesome- you do look great!

Lisa said...

You look awesome! I need some motivation.... and I LOVE the videos of your hubby with your kids, so CUTE!

JMay said...

That's awesome :-)

You and your family are seriously the cutest!!!