Friday, January 22, 2010

Rainy Days

We have been enjoying rainy days all week. A rare phenomenon around here. Our yard is a lake. It would be even if we did have grass. The highlights of the week were probably the sounds of rain and thunder, Kristen and her kids visiting on Wednesday and my last Bunko night last night. I will probably crash an occasional bunko from now on, I just can't do it every month when my time away from the kids is so limited. There are a lot of friends I don't get to see regularly and a lot of things that I might be able to get done, so I am changing it up a bit. I wish I had gotten a picture of the bunko girls!

Other than that, I am getting excited for my little brother Mark to get home from his mission February first and seeing Emily and her kids when they come down to see him.


I have been kicking myself for failing at dieting. I told myself that January I was going to buckle down and really watch my eating so that I could lose a few more pounds. Bigtime fail! That doesn't mean I'm giving up. I just need to find a different tactic to motivate myself.

3 comments:

emily and Nate said...

You didn't know you bought lake front property, we had the same thing in our yard.

Emily said...

January working out hasn't been working for me either. Time for new tactics I suppose.

Tori :) said...

Wow! That's insane!!

Maybe buying some frozen meals like the Lean Michelina Gourmet at Walmart would make dieting easier? They are super cheap. Or... cook a bag of chicken tenderloins and use them thru out the week as a salad topping. Makes a filling lunch and dinner...