Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Blog Friend

Since my blog is mostly a place for me to put pictures of my kids, I know that it is not a huge draw for people who don't know me to read it. And since I get very few comments I always assume that hardly anyone looks at it. It always makes me smile when I find out about someone who reads or has popped in to look at my blog. It was very exciting to me to strike up a little blog friendship with a very amusing and lovely woman in Australia named Elizabeth. She commented on a post of mine and I began reading her blog. I got to make her a necklace to wear to her brother's wedding! It was really exciting the day I received a bottle of perfume in the mail that she had sent me as a thank you gift.

Anyway, there is no exciting or even really a point to this story at all. Some of the blogs I read I just add to my google reader, but sometimes I just want the ease of clicking the little Follow button on the sidebar. So the other day a blog I wanted to follow didn't have a follow button and I was annoyed. That prompted me to add a little Blog Followers Icon to my sidebar. As you can see I have a whopping 13 followers. My point is, if you want to follow my blog now you can do so by clicking a button. And then I will see who you are and I can read yours. Fun for everyone.

6 comments:

Aubri said...

I totally agree Nibor. My blog is more like my journal that I've made available for others to read. I love getting comments but don't get many. I follow your blog on google reader but I'll add myself as a follower so you can see me!

Elizabeth said...

I think I *may* have said it before but I love your blog! I love your creative taste (especially in couches and necklaces) I love your honesty in the adventures of raising 4 kiddos and of course you get the biggest koala stamp for most dramatic hairdo change ever !!!
Thanks for the shout out. I feel honoured.

Klin said...

I see me on your followers list!!! Seriously though, who wouldn't want to be your friend? In real life or the blog world. You are great Robin.

jckhadlocks said...

Oh Robin.. I have to admit I do read your blog and never comment. But I have to say that you are so fun and glad that we became friends through CrUnKo BuNkO :)

Kristen said...

crunko bunko...I like that! Well its hard for me to read your blog because im so jealous of your phenomonally high quality photos but I'll make due. Im so glad you have a blog buddy from down unda!!!

Gina said...

I'm always here from afar... reading thru the RSS feed. Love you and so happy you are still creating friendships through blogging.