Monday, December 27, 2010

Other things

Trent's candy cane lights along our driveway are so fantastic! I'm going to miss them.

Christmas shopping seemed to consume way too much of my time November/December. I am glad it is over, but I must say I enjoyed it for a while.
 
I am getting braver with singing (I'm sure the last year as Primary Chorister in our church has helped immensely).I sang a duet at our church Christmas party and didn't shake from head to toe the whole time, which I consider a success. Unfortunately Henry had not napped and was completely naughty enough for Trent to leave early with him and Paisley and miss the performance. I sang again for Trent's family Christmas Eve which was a little shaky, but improved from last year.

Grandma has the grandkids do a live nativity and reads the story I Believe in Santa which tells us how Santa reminds us of Christ.


We exchange gifts.
The grandkids all get new pajamas.


I embraced a lot of retro toys this year, several that reminded me of my childhood. Some I bought included: care bears, my little ponies, fisher price record player, fisher price cash register, little tykes vintage blue roof dollhouse with awesome accessories.

I always have mixed feelings about Christmas morning. I love watching the kids get so excited and spoiled. But of course, I also feel guilty about the excess. I hope as the kids get older I will find a way to scale down on gifts and take the focus off of them. We do like to find ways to help others and show the kids the joy of giving and I hope we can focus more on that in years to come.




Charlotte joins Tucker playing legos often. It was so fun for her to get her own girl legos and they have been spending tons of time building together the last couple of days.

 This plasma car has been a huge hit with everyone in our house! Simply wiggle the steering wheel and off you go. Even Paisley can do it no problem.

 Trying to open the play-doh on her own.
 She really enjoyed opening the presents by herself as well.

 Henry was so excited for Daddy to open the gift he made in preschool.
 Pop guns for everyone were a great purchase as well.

The day after Christmas is always a little depressing, but luckily since Charlotte was born that day 5 years ago we have more celebrating to do that day. 


.

2 comments:

Emily said...

I love that picture of your front room with all the gifts undisturbed and your cute mirror and wall decor. Jonah and Elora got wiggle cars too and the adults like them as much as the kids!

Klin said...

LOVE those great toys. I love that you found them and in such good shape, too.