Monday, February 19, 2007

Weekly weekend update

First of all, Thursday night I felt my baby move for the first time!

Friday Sarah called up at lunch time and asked if we would like to join her and Chandler and Jackson and a friend of hers at Peter Piper. I knew Tucker would love it, and I don't spend much time with them, so we gladly went. The boys and Charlotte had a great time and Tucker got his first "fart thing" (whoopie cushion). Since we were right by Trent's office we stopped by to say hi before going to Target and back home. Charlotte got in his tool bag to help him fix the vandalized front door.
Trent didn't get home til a little after 6. I wanted to go to our ward party, but by the time Trent was showered and ready it was almost time for Charlotte to go to sleep. I didn't feel like another Friday night in so I asked Trent if he would mind if I went to a movie. I rarely ever go to the theatre. He didn't mind, so I called Lauren up hoping she wouldn't have any plans. I was lucky, she met me and we watched Because I Said So, which was pretty good.

Saturday was mostly spent cleaning house and resting a little. Karen called and said that she was safe in Georgia, right in downtown Athens- a fun college town. She said it was beautifully lush and green, but cold. She sounded excited for a change of scenery.

Sunday after church we joined the in-laws at Trent's parent's home for a nice time of dinner and visiting and all the kids playing together. It was a nice refreshing weekend!

5 comments:

Lindy said...

I was just wondering about Karen. she's gonna have to start a blog to let us know about all her exciting adventures! I miss you!
P.S. Hooray for babies

Tori :) said...

Feeling your baby move is the neatest thing, huh? I miss it. Miss you!

Anonymous said...

That is so neat you felt he/she move! Woo hoo!

Charlotte's hair and clothes are so cute in that toolbox photo! Precious!

I really want to go see a late showing of that movie! It looks like such the perfect chick flick!

Melanie M. McKinnon said...

charlotte is so cute. i still can't believe i haven't seen her since she was like a month old. sorry i'm not a better friend. but i'm working on it. :)

Macey said...

Fun weekend-cute kids! Sarah looks really good-I hope she is doing well. Also, what is Karen doing in Georgia? I don't think I knew she was moving there.