Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Joys of Motherhood

Here we are at beautiful Lake Powell. I'm riding in the boat with Paisley all snug in her life jacket fast asleep on my lap. And my imagination starts running wild. What is it about being a mom that means you can imagine the worst possible scenario for any situation?

I start thinking, I'm glad that Paisley can sleep in this life jacket, because I can't take it off of her in the boat, you know, for safety's sake. Because what if, by chance she happened to fall off the back of the boat, and then what if her arm was severed by the propeller and I ended up taking a helicopter ride to the hospital with Paisley strapped to a gurney and her little tiny arm in a cooler of ice on the other side of me? What? There must be something wrong with me, because that is what went through my head. . .

4 comments:

tHe ApPeLs said...

good to know im not the only mom who does that!!

Elizabeth said...

Very relieved to read I am not the only a one way trip to Crazytown when I think totally unlikely (but disastrous) scenarios that might befall my Fam!

BrookiesCloset said...

And it doesn't get any better when your children are grown . . . because then you have your children plus their spouses plus their children . . .

Anonymous said...

Why do you think I'm crazy Robin? I worried constantly. Every trip.