Friday, March 23, 2007

TGIF



Tuesday was my first experience with the Family Fun Van. It comes to a school and parents and kids come and the kids play with toys and then have a snack and story time and they get a book. All for FREE. It was fun. My friend Raan invited us to come with her and her 2 kiddos. She has a little girl one year younger than Tucker. He must have told her 100 times that he was her boyfriend. He is really trying to understand different relationships right now, like husband and wife, parents, boyfriends, and such. It's pretty cute. Somehow I didn't manage to get any pictures of this new girlfriend (Sunni), but I did get some of the cute baby Rusty.


Yesterday (Thursday) Trent ended up going to Holbrook for business and had to stay the night. So not only did I have no Girl's Night but I had to cancel dinner with the missionaries. I just dropped some enchiladas off at their apartment. But I also made another big batch and had Blake and Andrea over to eat with me and keep me company. I also made some no bake cookies which turned out really well (you never can be sure with those for some reason). I enjoyed the rare stormy weather and the wonderful smell the rain brought. While I was coming out of the Walmart Marketplace there was a clap of thunder so huge it set off my car alarm.


Today we have Gracie over. She is so easy and pleasant. She is only 2 weeks older than Charlotte, so it's been fun watching them interact.

5 comments:

Tori :) said...

That Family Fun Van sounds really neat! I need to find out about neat things around here. I've been here 5 years and I still don't know anything.
Miss ya!

Melanie M. McKinnon said...

I can't thank you enough. I'm gonna do something special for you and you can't do a thing about it! Thanks for the good times!

Gina said...

I have never heard of the family fun van! That is so awesome! Charlotte looks absolutely darling in that first photo (and all the other ones... her hair is getting so long)!

Glad you weren't alone on the intended girls night out. Wish I could have been there for you!

Busy Bee Lauren said...

The family fun van sounds really awesome! Charlotte and Gracie look so cute cute cute playing together!

Jillsywillsy said...

I totally need to get a box like that one. That is so much fun.