Monday, July 02, 2007

How Fun



Saturday morning was my Diaper Party. A diaper party, you ask? That's right. Since this is my 3rd baby and a full blown shower was neither necessary or probably appropriate, my sisters- in- law Andrea and Dusti were kind enough to throw me a beautiful diaper party. No gifts required, just bring a pack of diapers. It was fabulous. The food was pretty and delicious. Dusti and Andrea set up Friday night and poor Dusti got sick in the middle of the night and was unable to come. But luckily all the cute things she had planned were already at Andrea's ready to go. To eat we had fruit, bagels and cream cheese, breakfast pizzas with a hash brown crust, caramel popcorn, and cookies. We drank orange juice spiked with sprite. Everyone loved the food! The table was sprinkled with pacifiers and the wall was hung with blue and white onesies with sayings such as Tax Deduction, I pulled an all-nighter, Automatic Sprinkler, and What happens @ Grandma's Stays @ Grandma's. There were individual bath-salt door prizes. I think everyone had a nice time. It was a small party and I wondered to myself (as I often have before) why I don't have more close girlfriends. If you read Abbie's 100 things post, you may have learned that in high school we spent most of our time with boys. Other than that I have a couple of girlfriends here and several out of state. I miss my girls! (Candace, Amelia, Gina, Tori, Michelle, Briana, Katie)
Anyway, it was a great party and I got lots of diapers and a couple bonus gifts. A darling new bag from my awesome SIL Jennifer and a Sonic card from Ashley and boxes of wipes from Lauren and her mom, so sweet!Here you can see my sister Sarah measuring to guess how big my belly is. Almost everyone guessed like 6 inches bigger than I really was!

Trent had both kids at the lake with his Dad and brothers and nephews. That left me free to head over to my cousin Jill's baby shower after my party. She had already been to mine, so we both had days full of baby party goodness. I have never eaten so much yummy food in that short of a time period.

As soon as I got home and checked my email, I got comfortable (took off my pants) and laid in my bed for a little rest. I had been there for approximately 4 seconds when I heard the door open and a darling little voice saying "Mommy".
It was a wonderful day!

6 comments:

Busy Bee Lauren said...

Yay! That party was so much fun!!!

Emily said...

Apparently I'm not the only one who thinks Pamper's Swaddlers are THE best. I want the breakfast pizza recipe, sounds great. Wish I could have been there!

Tori :) said...

I soooo wish I could have been there.

Grace Ryan said...

How fun! I wish I could have been there! You know I would have totally been there if we still lived in AZ. I'm glad you had a good time and had some good food. Diapers are so nice to have. You are so beautiful Robin... seriously. Not many preggos are as stunning as you are. It suits you well!

Nancy Face said...

Ohhhh, such a cute party! Lauren had so much fun! :) I feel like I know you, because she's told me so many wonderful things about you! And you are the cutest pregnant lady ever!

diana said...

those onesies are awesome.

sorry i couldn't make it to your little party, i was leaving for a week on vacation and needed to get lots done... looks like it was a fun party anyways.