I was tagged by Tori to post 8 things about my husband and I.
1.Trent and I first met when I was 16 and he was almost 19 at pole vault camp in Flagstaff. Trent does not remember this. I do, cause he was the best pole-vaulter in AZ high school AND he was hot!
2. We met again on a semi-blind date when he was home from his mission and I was a silly 19 year old. I say semi-blind, because as number 1 states, I already knew who he was and what he looked like. He was the one going "blind". At the time I was pole-vaulting on the Mesa Community College track team and he was pole-vaulting at Paradise Valley Community College team. We went on a group date to Applebee's and bowling. When I got back from the date, my little sister Karen was staying there. When she asked how it was I said "a little boring."
3. Our first kiss was after our third date. We were laying on the floor of my apartment chatting and dorking around. He kissed me when I was mid-sentence. I was pleasantly surprised. He was so cute and shy. The next day was Thanksgiving. I went to an LDS singles dance that night with my big brother. It was pretty lame.
4. After dating a couple of months one night Trent told me he loved me. I was totally caught off guard. I didn't say it back immediately, but decided to go for it when he walked me out to my car a little bit later. I was a little scared and whispered it in his ear.
5. Trent and I were both going to school full time, working, and keeping busy with track practices and meets while we were dating. We were so tired most of the time that a lot of our time spent together consisted of sitting at his or my apartment watching Blind Date on TV.
6. Trent wanted to propose to me on my birthday, but my ring wasn't ready until a couple days later, on his birthday. So for his 23rd birthday he got a fiancee. He had already asked my dad and everything. I, of course, cried like a baby when he asked and could barely get out my "yes".
7. We got married in the AZ temple on August 18, 2001. We had to get pictures done at 6am to avoid the heat. Trent was still wiping sweat from his forehead between each picture. After our reception that night we discovered that his truck was "decorated" with all kinds of stuff. I couldn't believe that he wanted to stop at a car wash on the way to our hotel on our wedding night. We didn't.
8. Trent is a wonderful, rational, well thought out, analizer. He balances out my emotional, spontaneous, up and down craziness. He is calm, I am an emotional wreck. He is kind and gentle, I am tempermental and sensitive. I am very complimentary, touchy, feely and he is quiet and restrained. Most of this makes for a good balance, other times it causes conflict. But we push on. I know that we will make it. I never doubt that. I know that he loves me, trusts me, and believes in me and he knows that I do the same.