Sunday, July 15, 2007

Not going to bed alone



My beautiful husband and children got home this afternoon after being away at Lake Powell since Tuesday morning! It was very strange and quiet for the last 5 nights. I had some great me-time that I know I won't enjoy again for a very long time. At the same time my heart was broken every night when I got off the phone with my kids and husband and had to cry. Hormones, you know.


Anyway, some of the things I did while my family was on vacation are:


took long baths alone, slept in until 8 once and 8:30 another time ( after initially waking up at 6 to find myself alone and not needing to get anyone chocolate milk), went to the new Harry Potter movie with my mom, 13 yr old nephew and 12 year old brother(very good fun), went to Super WalMart alone where I was able to look at anything I wanted for however long I wanted and buy Tucker birthday presents without his knowledge, had a girl's night (I'll have to get pictures from Karen), got a pedicure (Tori kept saying I should), and did some good packing, cleaning, and nesting. By nesting I mean washing baby clothes and folding them, which was so fun and got me all excited, and I also set up the bassinet. Yay for babies!

6 comments:

Busy Bee Lauren said...

Yay your family is home!! And YAY for "me time"! I honestly LOVED the Harry Potter movie...fabulous. I have never gotten a pedicure before...I should do that. Where did you go to get it done?

Tori :) said...

I'm so glad you had a good time and that your family is home safe.
I am just so stoked for you. 10 days Robin! That's awesome!!
Big (((hugs))) to you, you cute pregnant person, you!

Megan said...

I'm glad your family is back, but I'm glad you got some alone time! are you going to be induced or just wait & go into labor on your own?

Gina said...

Glad you are doing well and got a few things accomplished while they were gone. Love the prego photo of you! You are so perfect!

Klin said...

Yay for your alone time and for families coming home AND for NEW Babies!!! I am always checking to read the news and hoping to see a picture. Can you teach Trent to do your blog? The wait is killing me!

Sorry, it's probably not to easy for you either. I am just so excited to meet the new member of the (your last name) family.

Nancy Face said...

I'm so happy for you, doing all those "me-time" things! How exciting that your baby will be here soon! Yay for nesting! :)