Monday, April 04, 2011

General Conference

Our church holds General Conference bi-annually. This means that twice a year we are able to hear talks given by our prophet, apostles, and other church leaders. All of the talks are available to watch/listen to online in several languages and will be available in The Ensign magazine in a month or two.  This past weekend was one of those weekends. Sometimes it can be very difficult to feel like I have been spiritually uplifted, since all of my effort seems to go into shushing my children. I try to prepare myself a little better this time and it honestly worked. There were various times I had to shush and regulate children, but overall I listened to almost every talk in all 4 sessions and felt very uplifted and renewed and recommitted when it was all over. Stephanie's favorite talks were the same as mine and she has provided links here if anyone is interested.


We printed off various coloring pages and word searches relating to Conference online and offered treats for each time the words "faith" and "prophet" were heard by the children which helped a lot. 

After Conference we celebrated my mother in law's birthday. I'll post some pictures later on.

No comments: