Friday, May 08, 2009

Mother's Day Week: Friends

So many friends, old and new that I would love to give a shout out and wish a Happy Mother's Day.
Amelia, an amazingly artistic photographer in California. I've known her since I was eight.

Candace. We've been friends since I was 14. We met when I lived in Afton, WY. I love everything about her. I miss her tons! And my other Star Valley girls, Lisa, Aubri, Rhiannon, Kari, Bridgette. . .

My Utah buds.
Gina. Thoughtful, concerned, loving friend. Amazing working mother of a rambunctious 3 year old Liam. We bonded over evening walks in our Provo neighborhood.

Michelle. Another friend from my Provo ward. Just had her third boy. I just relate to her really well and wanted to spend more time with her than I got to.

Katie. (far left, seriously the only picture I have of the girl.)Understands me so well as a mother of 4 under the age of 6 as well. Sweet, soft spoken, and a wonderful example. I am sad that she is so far away in New York. I will always be grateful she introduced me to Gilmore Girls.

Bri. Another mother of 4 under 6. Gorgeous, perfect body, and hilarious. I wish she lived next door to me. We met working at The Brick Oven.

My local girls.
Abbie and Jill. Cousins and friends extraordinaire. I've basically known them from the womb. We were all born the same summer. I love them dearly and would feel a huge hole in my life without them.

Lindy. An amazing single mother, working full time, taking classes online and raising 3 great girls. I don't know how she does it. I feel I can be the silliest version of myself with her. We laugh so much. I am so glad I met her working at the Landmark and we became roommates!

Mel. Mother of Gracie and Gus. So funny and open. Love spending time with her. So glad she moved so close to us.

Stephanie. I don't see her much, but she inspires me with her talent and her gracious mothering. I would love to be just like her, if I ever grow up.
New friends.

Cassi. Beautiful, fun and sweet. I was so sad she left my ward, thank goodness we still have Bunko.


Kathi, or is it Kathy? So happy she moved into the neighborhood. We are now exercise buddies and could gab for hours.


There are so many other women that have touched my life, I could go on for days. Like Tori, Raan (Raan's the tall blonde, I'm the one who looks like a boy, that's what my mom said when I had short hair anyway, the flat chest didn't help matters either), Paige, Bonnie(the one on my shoulders), Liza, Diana. . .


Girls, I love you all. Thank you being my friend, and remaining my friend, even though I may not be the best at keeping in touch. You are amazing women and mothers and my life wouldn't be the same without you in it. Thank you and Happy Mother's Day.

8 comments:

Aubri said...

Thanks so much! You are an amazing mom

Unknown said...

I'm now almost the exact age that my mom was in that picture. Totally weird.

stephanie said...

whoa. you have a lot of friends. thanks for the mention. why don't we see each other more often? seriously.

emily and Nate said...

that was such a fun post to read!

Melanie M. McKinnon said...

i love you and your example to me as a mother. you've taught me quite a bit over the past 4 1/2 years and i thank you for it. hooray for our close houses. :)

Emily said...

Hooray for friends and cousins and great pictures. Your hair is so light in that one with you and Candace, I don't think I ever saw it that color. And in the one of you and Gina, you look like me and I never think that.

Fawsons said...

You're so cute! Happy Mother's Day!

Macey said...

Happy Mother's Day!