100 things about me. 1-50
1. I am a girl/woman.
2. I was born on June 22.
3. I was born in
6. I have always enjoyed drawing.
7. I grew up not knowing my mother’s family.
9. I have always loved food.
10. I was baptized into The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints at the age of 8 (the age of accountability).
14. My 6th grade teacher Mr. Gunn was my favorite.
15. I became an aunt for the first time when I was 13. Gabe is my oldest nephew.
16. I lost a friend to suicide when I was 14.
20. I also learned how to lift weights and pole-vault while in
21. Freshman year I broke a bone for the first time. 2 bones actually. In my left foot. Pole-vaulting, 2 days before the State meet. Ouch!
22. I moved back to
23. I continued to pole-vault at my new high school. It was the first year
24. Although I am not one of those people who thinks high school was as good as life gets, I had a lot of fun and dated a lot.
25. I never smoked.
27. I liked cliff jumping.
28. I learned to wakeboard and liked that too.
29. I loved music and going to shows.
30. My first concert was Silverchair.
31. I went to the warped tour.
32. I went to The Edge radio station’s big concert.
33. I watched local bands and my friends’ bands all the time.
34. I can’t dance.
35. I wrote a lot of poems in high school.
36. I graduated in 1999.
37. I was offered a small partial scholarship by 2 local community colleges to come pole-vault. I ended up going to MCC, because the coach there helped me get a Presidential scholarship too. That is when you place in an honors class and a high enough math level with your placement tests and keep a 3.25 GPA or higher each semester. Not real hard at Community College.
38. I was the first female vaulter at MCC.
39. After 1 year at MCC I moved out of my parent’s house into an apartment with 3 strangers. Girls.
40. I met
41. We were set up by friends. It was a blind date for him, because we had technically met at pole-vaulting camp when I was 16, which he doesn’t have any memory of. I also knew who he and his brother Blake were, as I had watched them pole-vault at many high school track meets.
42. We had our first kiss the day before Thanksgiving (technically it was the morning of Thanksgiving) after our third date. It was really nice.
44. We were married 8 weeks later on August 18, 2001 in the
45. We went to Cabo san Lucas on our honeymoon.
46. We went parasailing and 4 wheeling there.
47. On September 11, after the horrific terrorist attacks, I spent the day training to sell frozen steaks door to door. I quit the next day.
48. After almost 1 year of marriage,
49. I was pretty glad Abbie was in
50. At the end of November, after just one month of being off birth control, we found out we were pregnant!